Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Rising to fame in the wake of his famous father Julio this Spanish singer has perhaps the strongest claim to the coveted title of "King Of Latin Pop". Who is this singer who hit it big with songs like "Bailamos", "Esperanza", "Hero" and "I'm A Freak"?
2. Forever known as the "Queen of Soul" after literally being crowned by disc jockey Pervis Spann on stage in 1968, who is this iconic singing superstar who demands our "Respect"? "Think" about the answer.
3. In 19th century Vienna, he was popularly known as "The Waltz King" like his father before him. Who is this composer of light classical music such as "The Blue Danube" and "Tritsch-Tratsch-Polka"?
4. Many artists have laid claim to the title but to most people, there is only one "King Of Rock & Roll". Who is this musical icon who'll be forever associated with rhinestone jumpsuits, Graceland and giant fried peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches?
5. When his orchestra played at Carnegie Hall in New York City on January 16, 1938, it was later described by critic Bruce Eder as "the single most important jazz or popular music concert in history". Who is this legendary clarinetist and bandleader known as the "King Of Swing"?
6. Several ladies could perhaps lay claim to being the "Queen", but there's only one "First Lady Of Jazz". Who is this star of records, movie screens and Memorex cassette tape commercials?
7. According to Lewis Jones's autobiography this sadly deceased artist "wears the crown as the King Of Pop because no artist has broken his record of selling nearly 60 million copies of a single album". Who is this former child star from Gary, Indiana?
8. In a 2011 poll to determine the "Queen Of Pop" the readers of Rolling Stone gave this winning artist five times as many votes as runner-up diva Lady Gaga. Artist, style icon and mother to Lourdes and Rocco, she is?
9. "Godfather Of Soul", "Hardest-working Man In Show Business", "Mr. Dynamite" - who is this founding father of funk music who passed away on Christmas Day, 2006 aged 73?
10. Known as "The Queen Of Disco" she achieved four number-one hits on the Hot 100 chart within a 12-month period (1978-1979). Who is this singer who helped revolutionise electronic dance music with the Giorgio Moroder-produced "I Feel Love"?
Source: Author UKMikeyA
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.