Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is an often played, often required and usually most often hated audition piece for trombone in the USA?
2. Which arranger and trombone player arranged the Telemann Sonatas, and the famous 'Melodious Etudes for Trombone'?
3. Who wrote 'Sonata Vox Gabriel'?
4. Which piece by Paul Creston, although a recent composition, has become a popular and oft-performed concerto?
5. Which composer listed below wrote a concerto which requires the player to have a range from pedal F, to high Eb (that's a fourth above high Bb). (Hint: its modern)?
6. The highest note in the solo in the REAL version of Tommy Dorsey's 'I'm Getting Sentimental over You' is?
7. Which recent trombone concerto won the Pulitzer Prize?
8. The famous trombone soloist Christian Lindbergh recently composed his own trombone concerto titled?
9. Which symphony has the longest trombone solo in all of classical literature?
10. This foundation has commissioned and taken some part in the writing of many trombone works?
11. Which piece contains a first trombone solo glissando from high G to high C, and ends on Gb?
12. Which composer wrote most of his first trombone parts with the Alto Trombone in mind (Although they are rarely played on the alto nowadays)?
13. Trills rarely appear in trombone music, because of the difficulty in executing them. Which of the following pieces contains a passage with important trills for the whole trombone section?
14. Which jazz trombonist has written very little music, but is most known for his phenomenal range, use of 'doodle' tonguing, and pure sound?
15. Especially in early jazz (i.e. dixieland and New Orleans jazz), the trombone was thought as what type of instrument?
Source: Author Retro12345
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.