Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these kinds of music is least likely to have French Horns?
2. In what century were valves invented for the French horn?
3. The early French horn, or "hunting horn" as it was called back then, had a specific purpose. What was it?
4. What is the main difference between a single horn and a double horn?
5. Some credit the mouthpiece with giving the French horn its distinctive mellow sound. What shape does the mouthpiece of a French horn have?
6. How long is the single horn when it is uncoiled?
7. What is one thing that separates the French horn from other popular brass instruments?
8. What is the name of a particular French horn that is used commonly in marching bands?
9. What is an invention that made the French horn easier to carry?
10. Suppose that the French horn were in a choir. What vocal sections would it cover?
Source: Author irisfreamon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.