Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. For over 500 years, paper was only available and sold as single sheets. In 1902, an inventive Australian used half size sheets of paper, a bit of glue and cardboard to create the what?
2. Which of the following was first patented by an Australian in 1889?
3. The first car radio was invented in Australia.
4. In what year was the 'black box' invented in Australia?
5. What was 'The Stripper', invented in South Australia in 1843?
6. Has there been a fuel injection system invented in Australia that eliminates soot from diesel exhausts?
7. In 1934, a farmer's wife was responsible for the invention of what typically Australian mode of transport?
8. What does the 'Ocean Leveller' use to reduce the vertical motion of sea going vessels?
9. What was named as one of the top five Australian inventions of the century by the Centenary of Federation organisation?
10. In 1940, where did Howard Florey, along with a German biochemist, develop penicillin into a practical antibiotic drug?
11. A cardboard box which holds a plastic collapsible container is commonly known as a what?
12. What was demonstrated at Bondi in 1906 by its designer, Lester Ormsby?
13. Research at the CSIRO and the Australian Institute of Marine Sciences has developed prawns that grow faster and larger than those caught in the wild.
14. When was race-cam first launched?
15. The world's first automatic totalisator was made by who?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.