Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Mendel was born in 1822. Which European country was he from?
2. Mendel was educated at St. Thomas's Abbey, in which he later became a monk.
3. Which university did Mendel graduate from?
4. What plant did Mendel use to study the hereditary trait?
5. Apart from doing experiments on plants, Mendel also carried out his experiments on animals. However, his experiments on animals failed miserably due to the fact that it was very hard to control animals' mating behavior. What animal did he use?
6. What was the title of Mendel's essay that was published in 1866 that contained the findings of his experiments?
7. Which of the following is NOT true about Mendel?
8. Which of the following genetics law(s) was/were proposed by Mendel?
9. Mendel's work on genetics initially went largely unnoticed and his ideas were only accepted after his death.
10. Mendel died at the age of 61 of what disease?
Source: Author Matthew_07
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.