Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first successful heart transplant was performed at the Groote Schuur hospital by Christiaan Barnard in 1967. Who was the recipient?
2. In 1979, the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to this man and his collaborator, Godfrey Housfield, for the invention of the CAT (computed axial tomography) scan.
3. The word "apartheid" was first used by this South African prime minister.
4. Who became the first African in space on 25 April 2002?
5. 'Tsotsi' won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2006. Which musician featured on the soundtrack?
6. Who were the captains of the South African rugby teams when they won the World Cup trophies in 1995 and 2007?
7. Who was the first South African to receive the Nobel Peace prize ?
8. The rock art in the Drakensberg Mountains is accepted as being the work of which nation?
9. Who is Mrs Ples?
10. For our last question, do you know who coined the term "The Rainbow Nation" for South Africa?
Source: Author dubi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.