Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On June 23, 1993, Lorena Bobbit committed an act that would make her infamous around the world: she cut off her husband's penis. In court testimony, what did she allege was the main cause of the wounding incident inflicted on John Wayne Bobbit?
2. Once Lorena realized the enormity of her actions, what did she do with her husband's severed body part?
3. Was John Wayne Bobbit's 'member' ever retrieved?
4. During her malicious wounding trial, Lorena shed light on many other marital incidents that led to the bizarre act of castrating her husband. Lorena accused John Wayne of all of the following EXCEPT:
5. When John Wayne Bobbit testified against Lorena, what did he allege was the real reason behind her assault?
6. Lorena's attorneys utilized temporary insanity as her defense. More specifically, they proclaimed that her maiming of John Wayne Bobbit was an "irresistible impulse" after years of vicious abuse. Lorena claimed that she had no recollection of the alleged crime and that she was suffering from brief reactive psychosis. How did the jury of seven women and five men react to Lorena's battered woman/temporary insanity defense?
7. John Wayne Bobbit also had to stand trial for malicious assault against his wife. The jury found him guilty of all charges.
8. What happened to John Wayne and Lorena's relationship after the trial?
9. Four years after taking the law into her own hands, Lorena appeared in the news once again in 1997. What was she accused of doing?
10. John Wayne Bobbit also landed himself in the news after the trials ended. Which of the following did NOT contribute to his headline status?
Source: Author Pagiedamon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.