Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It all began in 1788, when George Gordon Byron was born in London. But he didn't become a "Lord" until a relative conveniently died, making little George the 6th baron of _______.
2. As soon as he turned 21, Byron claimed his right by taking his seat in:
3. Byron was something of a wit and a braggart. His first major publication mocked his fellow Romantics. Byron implied that one particular poet was an idiot, writing: "So close on each pathetic part he dwells, / And each adventure so sublimely tells, / That all who view the 'idiot in his glory' / Conceive the Bard the hero of the story." He also mocked the poet's work for being too much like prose. Who was the object of this ridicule?
4. But Byron was not just all talk; he was also adventurous and daring. He wrote this poem after one of his athletic feats, which he accomplished with his friend Lt. Ekenhead.
5. We all know Byron was a lady's man, so it is not surprising to learn that he was also a father. Many historians suspect that Elizabeth Medora Leigh was the daughter of Byron and his:
6. But a lady's man cannot limit himself to just the family. And since he was a real "Don Juan" himself, I am going to have to form this question in the negative. With which of the following women did Byron _not_ have either a serious relationship or a brief affair?
7. Alas, this bad boy worked hard to earn his reputation, which forces me to divide his list of lovers across two questions. With which of the following ladies did Byron _not_ conduct an affair?
8. Whew! We're done with the ladies, and I'll spare you the boys. But after all that, Byron must have fathered more than one illegitimate child. What was the name of the daughter he had with Claire Clairmont?
9. But Byron wasn't just out to spread his image upon the world. He also risked a great deal for his ideals. Indeed, he trained and subsidized Republican forces in their War for Independence. In what country?
10. This poem would mark Byron's last year on earth, and, surprisingly, he did not die of a sexually transmitted disease.
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.