Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Daniel Boone was famous for his explorations of Kentucky, but where was he born?
2. At what age did Daniel Boone receive his first rifle?
3. In 1773 Boone and his family joined an expedition that was to settle in Kentucky. His son, James, and the son of William Russell, Henry, were captured and tortured to death by the Indians. What was the ensuing struggle known as?
4. Which trail did Richard Henderson, from North Carolina, hire Boone to improve?
5. Outside of Boonesborough, in 1776, Boone's daughter and two other girls were captured by Indians. Which of these authors fictionalized the account in "The Last of the Mohicans"?
6. Boonesborough was being attacked regularly by the Shawnees, who destroyed most of the crops and cattle. Boone and a group of about thirty men went to the salt springs to retrieve salt for preservation when they were set upon by Chilicothe Shawnee. What was the outcome of this encounter?
7. Boone eventually moved to Limestone, Kentucky, a prosperous port on the Ohio River. Which of these was NOT one of his occupations during this time?
8. When Boone moved to Spanish Louisiana what appointments was he given by the Spanish Governor?
9. Boone died in 1820 and was buried next to his wife, Rebecca, in Missouri. Which other state claims to have his remains buried within its borders?
10. Which of these places were NOT named in Daniel Boone's honor?
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.