Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. To help our party along, we need some music. Bartolomeo Cristofori is generally credited as being the inventor of which musical instrument?
2. We'll need someone to figure out how much food and drink should be available, which of these Italian mathematicians popularized the use of Arabic numerals (as opposed to Roman numerals) with the publication of "Liber Abaci" ("Book of Abacus or Book of Calculation")?
3. We're in need of an expressive vocal. Which Italian singer was one of The Three Tenors?
4. Should the electricity go out, we'll need to get the battery backups in place. Which of these Italian physicists is credited with inventing the battery?
5. If we are going to a party, we might as well find out what the weather is going to be like. Who is credited with inventing the first barometer?
6. Many of the guests will be arriving by high-end racing automobiles. Which of these Italians built the car which won the first Monaco Grand Prix?
7. Some of the music we'll be entertained by will be pre-recorded. Which of these Italian engineers, born in Almese in 1943, was instrumental in the origination of an International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) standard for digital audio and video?
8. As we would like well educated kids to join the party which female Italian educator invented and developed a world famous interactive educational system stressing the importance of liberty within limits?
9. Some of our guests will be arriving by seaplane. Which of these Italian Navy men, who corresponded with the Wright brothers, is credited with a successful seaplane flight in 1912?
10. If anyone has overindulged at our party, we can offer you coffee. Which Italian inventor patented the first steamless coffee machine in 1938?
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.