Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Less is known about Shakespeare than any other playwright of his time. Whereas we have many surviving documents containing the original writings of other playwrights, we have no such documents from Shakespeare, and only six signatures.
2. William Shakespeare is known to have acted in at least one of Ben Jonson's plays.
3. Those who support Shakespearean authorship of the plays (rather than crediting them to some other author using Shakespeare as a pseudonym) are called _________.
4. Those who believe Edward de Vere really wrote Shakespeare's plays are called _________.
5. Those who believe Edward de Vere wrote the plays attributed to Shakespeare offer a variety of evidence. Which of these is _not_ used either to support de Vere's authorship or to question Shakespeare's?
6. Shakespeare mentioned his plays in his will.
7. Shakespeare didn't mention his library in his will.
8. One of the publishers of the First Folio was Edward de Vere's brother-in-law.
9. Which of the following figures has NOT expressed doubts as to whether Shakespeare of Stratford-upon-Avon really wrote the plays attributed to him?
10. Why do those who support de Vere's authorship say he didn't claim credit?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.