Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am a legendary highwayman, and while some historians doubt the story, I may have made a mad dash from London to York along the Great North Road. In 1739, I was hanged for horse theft. Who am I?
2. I am a doctor who was born, lived and died in Michigan, USA. Along with my brother, I invented a famous breakfast staple. In 1993 T. Coraghessan Boyle wrote a book about me titled "The Road to Wellville", and it was made into a movie the next year. Do you know who I am?
3. I am a British author who was born in India. I have written hundreds of reviews, essays and editorials, but I also wrote nine novels and books - one of which is "The Road to Wigan Pier" which was published in 1937. Do you know my pen name?
4. I am a British explorer, and I took part in several explorations of inland Australia. I was also the first explorer to see and name the area of Broken Hill in New South Wales, Australia - where parts of the 1981 film "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior" was filmed. Do you know who I am?
5. I am probably best known as a film director, but I have also delved into screenwriting, producing, and video game creation. With two others I established Dreamworks Studio - and one of my company's successes was 2002's "Road to Perdition". Who am I?
6. I am an author who has been called an iconoclast - and a pioneer of the Beat Generation. I died at the relatively young age of 47, but during my life as a writer, I was quite prolific. I had numerous works published, including 1957's "On the Road". Do you know who I am?
7. I am a Spanish Conquistador, and it was in large part my actions that brought about the ruin of the Aztec Empire. While I died in 1547, I have not been forgotten. In fact, I was a central figure in the 2000 animated film titled "The Road to El Dorado". Who am I?
8. I am an American writer, and while a couple of my best-known works are 1992's "All the Pretty Horses" and 2005's "No Country for Old Men", I won the Pulitzer Prize for 2006's "The Road". Do you know who I am?
9. I am one of the founding members of the American film studio 'United Artists' in 1919 - and my company produced and distributed the 1962 film "The Road to Hong Kong". But, despite my experiences with screenwriting, directing and producing, I was always at my best as an actor, and truly enjoyed my leading role in 1924's "Thief of Bagdad". Who am I?
10. I am a European explorer, and I was not the first to travel on the Silk Road, but I may be the most famous. My return to court with marvelous tales of my travels gave my fellow Venetians a glimpse into the Far East, and inspired a few others to undertake their own adventures. Do you know who I am?
Source: Author beergirllaura
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.