Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' was an extremely popular television program based on the 1992 movie with the same name. Unsurprisingly, there is no mention of vampires in the Bible. However, a number of verses make mention of 'blood' and 'sharp teeth', and even 'fangs'.
Here's one such verse from the New King James Version Bible: "For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink for it is their just due." In what book in the New Testament do you find such a statement?
2. The following vampire-like verse is from Proverbs 30:14 in the NKJV: "There is a generation whose teeth are like swords and whose fangs are like knives to devour the poor from off the earth and the needy from among men." Who is credited with writing most of the Book of Proverbs?
3. Here's another 'vampirish' verse from the thirteenth book of the Old Testament of the Christian Bible quoting David: "And said, 'Far be it from me before my God that I should do this. Shall I drink the lifeblood of these men? For at the risk of their lives they brought it.' Therefore he would not drink it." In what book do you find such a verse?
4. Yet another 'vampirish' sounding verse is found in Psalm 37:12. In the NKJV, the verse states, "The wicked plots against the just and gnashes at him with his teeth." Who is credited with writing a large number of the Psalms?
5. Deuteronomy 12:23 tells of a man relaying the following pronouncement from God to the Isrealites: "Only be sure that you do not eat the blood, for the blood is the life, and you shall not eat the life with the flesh." Who did God make the statement to?
6. Yet another vampire-like verse is this one from the NKJV: "For a nation has come up against My land, strong, and without number; his teeth are the teeth of a lion and he has the fangs of a fierce lion." From what book in the Minor Prophet section of the Old Testament do you find this verse?
7. The following 'vampirish' sounding verse is from Philippians 3:2 in the ESV: "Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh." Who wrote Philippians?
8. The 1992 movie 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' starred Kristy Swanson. Her first starring role was the 1986 movie titled 'Deadly Friend'. Making an extrapolation here, who was the 'deadly friend' of Jesus?
9. The television show 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' featured the young actress Sarah Michelle Gellar as 'Buffy'. Sarah is also a common name in Genesis, the first book of the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Bible. Who was Sarah in Scripture?
10. 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' was so popular it gave birth to the spin-off series 'Angel', played by actor David Boreanaz. In the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Bible, angels are common, being mentioned a number of times. What was the name of the angel who proclaimed to Mary she would give birth to the Son of God?
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.