Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The "Catechism of Christian Doctrine" is the way many of us remember our religious instruction at school. How does that publication answer the question "What is prayer?"?
2. The finest prayer service that Catholics have is the Mass. What does the Liturgy of the Eucharist, the holiest part of the Mass, commemorate?
3. Catholics and other Christians have a prayer called "The Lord's Prayer" or alternatively called "The Our Father". According to Church teachings, where did this prayer originate?
4. There is a Catholic prayer called the "Hail Mary". Where do the opening words of this prayer originate?
5. Am I correct in saying that the following (part of a) prayer was sung in a West End production relating to the Christian religion?
"May the Lord protect and defend you,
May He always shield you from shame..."
6. Moving over to Catholic hymns: what/who is called "Best gift of God above"?
7. Please complete the first two lines of this hymn:
"Faith of our Fathers! living still
In spite of dungeon, fire and _____"
8. Which Catholic service are you most likely to be at if you hear a hymn starting "Therefore we before Him bending..."?
9. Please fill in the missing part of this hymn:
"Hail, Queen of Heav'n, the ocean Star!
Guide of the _____ here below!"
10. Finally, please complete this verse from a hymn:
"By your faith and loving accord,
As the _____ of the Lord".
You undertook God's plan to embrace,
Mary, we thank you: Hail, full of grace."
Source: Author rialto88
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.