Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (Young's Literal Translation).
This is the clearest, most direct statement about Jesus as the Word of God. What verse is it?
2. Psalm 33:6 of the New Life Version (NLV) says,
"The heavens were made by the Word of the Lord. All the stars were made by the breath of His mouth."
The quoted is obviously from the Old Testament, but the New Testament contains several references to Jesus and/or God's Word creating the universe.
3. Jesus said, "The one who does not love Me does not obey My teaching. The teaching you are now hearing is not My teaching but it is from My Father Who sent Me" (John 14:24, New Life Version) to whom?
4. In which Gospel did Jesus say, "Do you not believe that I am in the Father and that the Father is in Me? What I say to you, I do not say by My own power. The Father Who lives in Me does His work through Me" (New Life Version)?
5. John 5:38-45, New Life Version:
"You do not have His Word living in your hearts because you do not put your trust in the One He sent.
You do read the Holy Writings. You think you have life that lasts forever just because you read them. They do tell of Me. But you do not want to come to Me so you might have life. I do not take any honor from men. I know you and you do not have the love of God in your hearts. I have come in the name of My Father. You do not receive Me. If another person comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe when you are always wanting honor from each other? And yet you do not look for the honor that comes from the only God.
Do not think that I will tell the Father you are guilty. The one who says you are guilty is ___. You trust him."
Jesus boldly proclaimed the above to the Jews whom rejected Him. What's the missing word?
6. According to Exodus 3:14, the Angel (Messenger) of the LORD appeared to Moses and said, "I AM WHO I AM". Jesus later said in John 8:58, "Before Abraham was born, I was and am and always will be!" (New Life Version)
7. What did Jesus say in Matthew 11:15? This time I will paraphrase instead of directly quote.
8. "Listen to Me, O Jacob, and Israel whom I called. I am He. I am the first, and I am the last. My hand put the earth in its place. And My right hand spread out the heavens. When I call to them, they stand together. Gather together, all of you, and listen! Who among them has made these things known? The Lord loves him. He will do to Babylon what pleases him, and his arm will be against the Babylonians. I, even I, have spoken. Yes, I have called him, I have brought him, and he will do well. Come near to Me and listen to this: From the beginning I have not spoken in secret. From the time it came to be, I was there. And now the Lord God has sent me and His Spirit."
From a trinitarian Christian perspective, these verses sound like the pre-incarnate Word of God (Jesus) speaking, but where can you find these verses?
9. In which book can you find this quote? (Hint: don't let anybody fool you; it IS a New Testament book.)
"Long ago God spoke to our early fathers in many different ways. He spoke through the early preachers. But in these last days He has spoken to us through His Son. God gave His Son everything. It was by His Son that God made the world. The Son shines with the shining-greatness of the Father. The Son is as God is in every way. It is the Son Who holds up the whole world by the power of His Word. The Son gave His own life so we could be clean from all sin. After He had done that, He sat down on the right side of God in heaven."
10. Using words that echo his Gospel, the disciple states about Jesus, "The coat He wears has been put in blood. His name is The Word of God" (New Life Version).
What book, which is largely about Christ's second coming, contains this verse?
Source: Author Ceduh
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.