Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Hebrew Bible/Old Testament never calls her a wife or a mother; only a sister.
2. God commanded this prophet to not get married or have children because judgment was coming on his land.
3. This prophet said, "O Lord my God, why have you brought tragedy to this widow who has opened her home to me, causing her son to die?" (1 Kings 17:20)
4. Elijah's friend and successor told him, "First let me go and kiss my father and mother good-bye, and then I will go with you!" (1 Kings 19:20)
5. The Bible describes him as a voice crying in the wilderness.
6. He lived in the same house in Bethany with his two sisters, suggesting that he was unmarried or celibate.
7. She, a possible widow, let her brother and sister live in her home in Bethany.
8. When he said that divorce was sinful, his disciples stated that it would be better for men to never marry. He replied that only a few people, with God's help, can live celibate lives.
9. She devoted her life to the One who delivered her from demonic afflictions.
10. He chose celibacy to focus on the Lord. He became one of the leading preachers of the gospel.
Source: Author Ceduh
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.