Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What nickname is given to the planet Venus?
2. An "angry" planet resides in our solar system, named after the Roman god of war. Which of these names is it?
3. Crosby, Stills and Nash sang about an asterism (part of a constellation) that is seen primarily in the southern hemisphere but can be spied from the northern tropical latitudes. Can you name it?
4. Do you remember the movie "Beetlejuice"? That's the pronunciation of the star Betelgeuse, part of which constellation that is also known as "the hunter"?
5. What is the name of Earth's moon?
6. One of the smallest constellations contains Vega, the fifth brightest star in the sky. Can you name the constellation, whose namesake you could hold in your lap?
7. During winter months in either hemisphere you can see flashing, snaking lights near the poles. What is the term for this phenomenon?
8. There is a constellation that has the same name as the nearest spiral galaxy to our own and a space ship from a TV series of a few years ago. Do you know its name?
9. In the northern sky there is a constellation named for a winged horse of Greek myth. Which of these possibilities could it be?
10. If you wanted to be the big dog in the sky you would definitely be which constellation?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.