Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. David Villa was the most expensive signing in 2010, joining Barcelona from Valencia. Villa's highlight in Catalonia was scoring in the club's 3-1 victory over Manchester United in the 2011 Champions League final. Who did he mention when dedicating the victory?
2. Fernando Torres was the biggest signing of 2011, joining Chelsea from Liverpool in January. However, Torres failed to live up to expectations in the capital, scoring just once in his debut season for the Blues. Who did his goal come against?
3. Brazilian defender Thiago Silva was the most expensive player of 2012, joining newly-rich Paris Saint-Germain from AC Milan. Which PSG legend described Silva as "the best defender in the history of the club"?
4. Gareth Bale's switch from Tottenham Hotspur to Real Madrid in the summer of 2013 broke the world record for a transfer fee, previously held by Cristiano Ronaldo (when he moved from Manchester United to Real Madrid in 2009). During his time in Madrid, Bale has become the highest goal-scoring British player in La Liga's history. In which year did he achieve this?
5. Partly due to talent, partly due to biting, Luis Suarez joined Barcelona from Liverpool in July 2014. Suarez reached new levels in the 2015-16 season, winning the European Golden Shoe. Apart from Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, which player was the last to win this award before Suarez?
6. The most expensive signing of 2015 was Kevin De Bruyne's move from Wolfsburg to Manchester City. De Bruyne truly established himself as one of the world's best players in City's dominant 2017-18 season. However, which of these did he *NOT* win that year?
7. Paul Pogba became the most expensive player ever in the summer of 2016 when he joined Manchester United from Juventus. Pogba's form has fluctuated at Old Trafford and in 2019, Real Madrid offered which player in exchange for Pogba?
8. Neymar's move to PSG in 2017 redefined the transfer market, with the Brazilian forward moving for more than double the price of Pogba's move to Manchester United in 2016. While Neymar scored for fun in Paris, he was embroiled in a major controversy after assaulting a fan of which club during the 2018-19 season?
9. Philippe Coutinho followed Luis Suarez to Barcelona in January 2018. However, just 18 months later the Brazilian was sent on loan to Bayern Munich. How many appearances did Coutinho make for the Blaugrana before his loan move?
10. Joao Felix was the most expensive transfer of 2019, with Atletico Madrid signing the Portuguese prodigy from Benfica. What was Felix's games to goals record at Benfica?
Source: Author TheOracler
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.