Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who won the UEFA Champions League in season 2002-03?
2. Who finished as the top scorer in the 2002-03 season, with 12 goals?
3. By making the second group phase in 2002-03, FC Basel became the first team from Switzerland to do so.
4. The 2002-03 season was the first to feature UEFA's new silver goal rule. In which of the following matches did the rule come into use?
5. The 2002-03 season was the first to contain two teams from the same country in the Final.
6. The 2002-03 season saw the first team to win the Champions League after finishing outside the top 3 in their domestic league in the previous season.
7. Clarence Seedorf became the first player to win the Champions League for three different clubs in 2002-03. With which other two clubs did he previously win the trophy?
8. On Tuesday 27th May, 2003, Sir Bobby Charlton and Eusébio announced their selection for the offical UEFA Champions League all-star team for 2002-03. Which goalkeeper was selected as the best for the season?
9. Only three teams managed to score 6 goals in one game. Two of the teams were Valencia (6-2 vs Basel) and Real Madrid (6-0 vs Racing Genk). What was the other team?
10. Who scored the winning penalty in the final?
Source: Author nigmatullin
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor silverginger
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.