Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Upon his retirement in 1904, James Jeffries chose two men to fight for the then vacant title. Who were they?
2. Which of the following fighters won the title on a foul?
3. In 1896, shortly before becoming heavyweight champ, Bob Fitzsimmons and Tom Sharkey fought in San Francisco, with Sharkey winning in a flagrantly unfair decision. Who was the famous referee for the fight?
4. Which former champ had a punch he called the, "Hammer of Thor"?
5. When champ Larry Holmes chose to fight Marvis Frazier instead of the mandatory challenger, the WBC stripped him of his belt and matched Greg Page against Tim Witherspoon for the vacant title. What was the outcome?
6. In 1978, Ken Norton was awarded the WBC title when which fighter refused to fight him?
7. Ernie Schaaf, an up and coming contender entered a fight with an undisclosed injury he received in a previous fight with Max Baer, and died after being knocked out by which fighter on February 10, 1933?
8. Who did Jess Willard make his first title defense against in 1916?
9. Who was the first light heavyweight to gain the Heavyweight Title?
10. Which fighter tied Jack Dempsey's record of seven knockdowns in one round of a title fight?
Source: Author gjgarre
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.