Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which South American country both hosted and won the first FIFA World Cup held in 1930?
2. Manchester United won their first European Cup (now known as the UEFA Champions League) in 1968. Which Portuguese club based in Lisbon did the Reds beat by 4-1?
3. Brazil won the 1994 World Cup after beating Italy in a penalty shootout. Which player, known for his distinctive ponytail, missed the last penalty kick in the series?
4. Which of the following awards is given to the World Cup's top scorer at the end of the tournament (since 1982)?
5. Juventus is one of the most successful football clubs in Italy. Which of the following players broke Gaetano Scirea's record for most appearances with the club in 2008?
6. Was football the first team sport to appear at the Olympic Games?
7. In 1980, Italy's San Siro stadium was named after which of the following Italian football legends, whose nickname was "il Balilla" ("the little boy")?
8. Pele retired in 1974 after an incredible 18-year run with Brazil's Santos. He came out of retirement a year later to play for Cosmos. In which country did Pele play between 1975 and 1977?
9. Which Spanish team known as "Los Galacticos" inspired the all-white kit color worn by Leeds United?
10. Maccabi Tel Aviv is one of Israel's most successful football clubs. Which of these managers was in charge of the team between 1991 and 1995 and later coached Chelsea during the 2007-08 season -- Avram Grant or Eli Guttman?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.