Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Bill Freehan was a six-time All-Star catcher during the 1960s. With which team did Freehan play throughout his big league career?
2. This lefty-hitting catcher played on three World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers teams between 1959 and 1965. Can you name him?
3. Catcher / infielder Joe Torre played with the Braves from 1960 to 1968. In 1969, Torre was traded to the Cardinals in exchange for which player, known as the "Baby Bull"?
4. Who was the starting catcher for the Minnesota Twins in the 1965 World Series?
5. From 1960 to 1968, a catcher with the first name of "Clay" played for the Philadelphia Phillies. What was his last name?
6. Which one of these catchers was St. Louis Cardinal pitcher Bob Gibson's batterymate during the 1960s?
7. Bob Rodgers was a catcher for the Angels during the 1960s. What was his nickname?
8. From 1960 to 1969, which of the following pairs of catchers played for the Cleveland Indians?
9. Johnny Edwards was an All-Star catcher for the Cincinnati Reds during the 1960s. From which university, known as the Buckeyes, did Edwards graduate?
10. Elston Howard was the starting catcher of the New York Yankees from 1961 to 1965. What was Howard's uniform number?
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.