Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Willie McCovey was a powerful first baseman for the San Francisco Giants during the 1960s. What was McCovey's nickname?
2. Hard-hitting Jim Gentile enjoyed some terrific years at first base with the Baltimore Orioles in the early 1960s. Which special feat did he accomplish in 1961?
3. Norm Cash was an outstanding first baseman for the Detroit Tigers during the 1960s. Which uniform number did Cash wear?
4. "Moose" Skowron played in the 1963 World Series as a member of the Los Angeles Dodgers against his former team, the New York Yankees. What was Skowron's first name?
5. Bill White played first base in the Major Leagues from 1956 to 1969. Which one of these statements about White is true?
6. Which one of these players was the starting first baseman for the 1965 American League champion Minnesota Twins?
7. Slugger Dick Stuart played with several teams during the 1960s. What was this first baseman's popular nickname?
8. Superstar player Ernie Banks played first base for the Chicago Cubs from 1962 until his retirement in 1971. However, at which position did Banks begin his big league career in 1953?
9. Which free-spirited first baseman played with the New York Yankees from 1962 to 1969?
10. First baseman Donn Clendenon began his big league career in 1961 with the Pittsburgh Pirates. However, with which team did Clendenon earn the 1969 World Series MVP Award?
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.