Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This soon-to-be World Series winning manager never made it to MLB's postseason in his 18-year playing career.
2. Also a member of the "never made it to the playoffs club," this 3rd baseman played 14 years with the Chicago Cubs.
3. This slugger set a new record for starting more All Star Games (18) than any other player in MLB history.
4. Who is high up the list of the most home runs ever hit in Major League Baseball history with 755?
5. A "pitcher" question from the All Decade Team of the 1960s. At the young age of 36, which pitcher was the youngest player to ever be elected to the Hall of Fame when he joined it in 1972?
6. Played all 23 years with the Boston Red Sox and won the Triple Crown in 1967, leading the league in Home Runs, Hits and Runs Batted In.
7. This player won the National League Rookie of the Year Award in 1963 and went on to play 24 years becoming the all-time leader in most hits in Major League Baseball history.
8. What shortstop named to the All Decade Team of the 60s went on to manage the Philadelphia Phillies in 1996?
9. This slugger from Oklahoma played his entire career with the New York Yankees and was one of the greatest "switch-hitters" to ever play. Which of these players was a part of seven World Series victories for the Yanks in the 50s and 60s?
10. Played his whole 17-year career with the St. Louis Cardinals, which Hall of Fame pitcher in 1968 won the Cy Young and the MVP but lost in the World Series?
Source: Author Lynniepaw
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Fifiona81
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.