Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In his first major league game in Oakland in April of 1976, pitching for the Detroit Tigers, Mark Fidrych did not exactly catch the attention of baseball fans. Which of these statements are NOT true.
2. Mark Fidrych first appeared as a starting pitcher in Tiger Stadium on May 15, 1976. Which of these statements are NOT true about his performance against Cleveland that day?
3. In which month of 1976 did Mark "The Bird" Fidrych record his third win of the season?
4. In his fifth start of the 1976 season on June 11, 1976, 21 year old Mark Fidrych faced a 29 year old California pitcher named Nolan Ryan at Tiger Stadium. Who was the winning pitcher in that game?
5. How many victories did Mark Fidrych have at the end of the 1976 season?
6. On June 26, 1977, Mark Fidrych appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Who else was on the cover picture behind Mark?
7. Which of the following statements about Mark Fidrych's 1976 season with the Detroit Tigers is NOT true?
8. Mark Fidrych started 29 games pitching for the Tigers in that magical season of 1976. How many complete games did he pitch?
9. Fourteen times in 1976, Tiger Stadium saw crowds of over 32,000 fans. In how many of those games was Mark "The Bird" Fidrych the starting pitcher?
10. Mark "The Bird" Fidrych won 19 games in 1976. How many games did he win over the rest of his career?
Source: Author Olderbison
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.