Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This team began its NFL endeavors in 1976 under head coach John McKay and Steve Spurrier as their quarterback. Which team was this that didn't win a game in their first season?
2. Which quarterback wore the jersey of the San Francisco 49ers from 1979-1992?
3. Who was the first running back in NFL history to rush for 2000 yards in a season?
4. The undefeated 1972 season belonged to the Miami Dolphins. However, in week two, one of the greatest games of the season took place. The Jets against the Colts at Baltimore, saw Johnny Unitas pass for an amazing 396 yards but lost. Which Jet quarterback put his game-face on, and threw for a record 496 and six touchdowns in the game?
5. In the 2007 season, which team was the last to go undefeated?
6. On January 15, 1967, the first World Championship took place between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Green Bay Packers. This would be later known as the Super Bowl. Which head coach had the credit of winning the first big game?
7. When this player retired in 2003 as a Patriot, he was the first running back in NFL history to catch over 800 passes in a career. Who was this 14-season back with nine seasons as a Cardinal?
8. The 1970s belonged to the Pittsburgh Steelers, taking four seasons to a Super Bowl championship. Which head coach took them to these four promised lands?
9. Bret Favre broke Dolphin Dan Marino's career touchdown passing record in 2007 with his 421st touchdown pass. Marino, who set the record in 1999, thought this was an untouchable record as he was the first in NFL history to throw for over 400 TDs. Somebody else thought that when he retired in 1978, that nobody would touch his own career TD passing record. Whose career record did Marino break when he threw his 343rd career TD pass?
10. In the 2006 season, this team tied for the second best record in the NFL with their 13-3 record, but lost Super Bowl XLI to the Indianapolis Colts. Which team was this?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.