Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The alarm rings, you race downstairs and greet the other members of your family with the word or phrase "kalimera": what have you said?
2. The most commonly used Greek word for breakfast is "proino".
3. The word "Philadelphia" is derived from two Greek words.
4. Etymology: the roots of the English word "hippopotamus" are Greek?
5. Quote: 'Those that understood him smiled at one another and shook their heads; but for mine own part, it was Greek to me.' This line is from which Shakespearean tragedy?
Source: Author gtho4
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.