Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which currency do you need to purchase a pewter plate in Central Market, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?
2. You spot a nice piece of wooden handicraft in the Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Complex, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. Can you pay for the item using the Singapore dollar?
3. Which local currency do you need to pay for a bag of civet coffee beans in Bali, Indonesia?
4. The currency used in the Philippines shares the same name as the currencies used in some Central and South American countries. What is the name of this currency that you need to purchase a decorative jeepney artwork from a night market stall in Tutuban, Manila?
5. Elephant pants are ubiquitous items in the Land of White Elephants, Thailand. What currency do you need to pay for a pair of elephant pants in the Weekend Chatuchak Market, Bangkok?
6. A trip to Myanmar would not be complete without paying a visit to the famous Bogyoke Aung San Market in Yangon. What local currency do you need to pay for a Burmese jade bracelet?
7. Luang Prabang is one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites of the landlocked nation of Laos. You spot a beautifully woven silk sinh (Lao skirt) in the Luang Prabang night market. What local currency do you need to pay for the item?
8. On your visit to the Central Market in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, you spot a colorful oil painting depicting the magnificent Angkor Wat. What local currency do you need to pay for the painting?
9. The old town of Hoi An is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Vietnam. You spot a colorful lantern in one of the night market stalls in Hoi An. What local currency do you need to pay for the item?
10. You intend to send some postcards from the capital of Timor-Leste, Dili. What currency would you need to pay for the postage stamps?
Source: Author Matthew_07
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.