Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The band Earth, Wind and Fire would like you very much to remember the lyrics to one of their songs. It goes something like: "Do you remember / the 21st night of ______?"
2. In the 1993's "Fatal Attractions" storyline published by Marvel Comics, Professor X mindwipes Magneto in a fit of a rage, after the latter brutally rips the adamantium out of Wolverine's body. Which powerful psionic entity is accidentally created as a result of the fusion of psyches of the two leaders of mutants?
3. The "RDS-1" bomb detonated on August 29, 1949, marking it as the first nuclear weapon test performed by the Soviet Union. The Russians named the bomb "First Lightning" but what was the American codename counterpart, a cheeky reference to Stalin himself?
4. In what city did Martin Luther King Jr. deliver his historic "I Have a Dream" speech on August 28, 1963?
5. Tali'Zorah is a member of the quarian alien race in the "Mass Effect" series of games. She is always shown wearing an environmental suit that covers her whole body and face. What is the reason for her people always keeping their features hidden under full-body suits?
6. In what TV show does the character of Roy Trenneman, played by Chris O'Dowd, often, and exasperatingly so, ask the people calling for help: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?".
7. In the sci-fi book "House of Suns" by Alastair Reynolds, the closest beings to normal humans are the shatterlings, clones of a particular woman in the past. There is a theme to the names of the shatterlings, with some examples being Purslane, Campion, Mezereon and Galingale. What do their names have in common?
8. I have just found a Goblin Teasmade in the attic from the 1960s. What is it?
9. The Internationale Spieltage SPIEL is the largest board games trade fair, taking place annually in Germany since 1983.
It is better known for the name of the city where it happens. Where is it held?
10. Romansh is the fourth national language of this European nation, along with German, French and Italian. Which landlocked country is this?
Source: Author Okami31
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.