Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Sir Steven Geoffrey Redgrave CBE DL won Olympic gold medals in a record five consecutive games. An avid rower, which country did he represent?
2. Where are most of the Kings of France buried?
3. Odysseus and his men encountered her on their way back from the Siege of Troy and she turned the men into swine. Who, in Greek legend, was the enchantress who turned men into animals?
4. The politics in Northern Ireland can be really thunder and lightning at times, especially during the time of "The Troubles". What is the Northern Ireland Assembly called, which is also the name of the building they meet in?
5. Which English novelist created the characters Elizabeth Bennett, Mr. Darcy and Lady Catherine de Burgh?
6. Not just because of its flow of red liquid would you call this feature 'red'. Where would you find Olympus Mons?
7. In the world of Rugby Union, the Super Rugby league is often the best league in the world for that sport. In 2022, a new team was added that consists of players from the various South Pacific islands. Named for a figure in Polynesian mythology (or a Disney film), what is this team?
8. Leon Trotsky was one of the leaders of the Russian Revolutions against the Tsar. A friend of Lenin, he was eventually exiled and then assassinated. Who saw Trotsky as a rival?
9. When it was founded, it was called Byzantium. Afterward, it was known as Nova Roma and then Constantinopolis. Home to the Hagia Sophia and straddling two continents, what modern country is it in?
10. The theme of light triumphing over darkness is a story that is a common motif. As a celebration of light over dark, which religion celebrates Diwali?
Source: Author LeoDaVinci
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.