Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Miyamoto Musashi was a samurai famed for dueling. In his most famous duel what did he make his wooden sword out of, in order to defeat his opponent who had brought along a longer than average sword?
2. How did Mao Zedong engineer an advantage over Nikita Khrushchev by holding their meeting at a swimming pool when they met to improve their worsening relations in 1958?
3. Mapuche warrior Galvarino received what punishment for insurrection during the Arauco war?
4. When Adolf Hitler had the choice of location to finalise the French Armistice of June 1940, what was the significance of the Compiegne Forest?
5. Ferruccio Lamborghini was involved in which type of vehicle manufacture before offering advice to Enzo Ferrari in how to improve his road cars?
6. Which Viking leader allegedly refused to kiss the foot of the French King Charles III, commanding instead one of his warriors to do it in his stead?
7. Following the restoration of Charles II in 1660, his parliament evidently had a problem with Oliver Cromwell and his previous treatment of Charles I. What happened to Cromwell?
8. Which Roman Emperor built a bridge of floating platforms across the Bay of Naples at Baiae for the sole purpose of riding a horse across, whilst clad in a golden breastplate?
9. What piece of WWI military equipment, named 'Mephisto', was recovered following the suggestion of the CO 26th Battalion, purely for the purposes of acquiring a trophy?
10. In the 1970s, at the height of the Cold War, John Robinette, the Mayor of Vulcan, a small mining town in West Virginia, requested funding from what foreign power?
Source: Author smpdit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.