Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following paleoanthropologists married into a family of well-known hominid fossil hunters?
2. Which of the following scientists is famous for inventing the calculating machine known as the Difference Engine?
3. Who authored a paper with Francis Crick in 1953 that proposed the double helix structure of a DNA molecule?
4. Who is reported to have said, "The scale, properly speaking, does not permit the measure of the intelligence, because intellectual qualities are not superposable, and therefore cannot be measured as linear surfaces are measured"? He invented the first usable IQ test.
5. She had Nobel laureate parents, a physicist daughter, and, along with her husband, demonstrated the creation of induced radioactivity. What was her first name?
6. Who is famous for her work with NASA regarding orbital mechanics?
7. Who is known for his germ theory of disease?
8. Which of the following astronomers also won a Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction in 1978?
9. Which of the following can best be described as an agricultural scientist?
10. Which oceanographer won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival in 1956 for his documentary, "The Silent World"?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.