Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This Italian physicist was born in 1564. He is known as, "a father of modern physics," along with many other titles. Who is he?
2. The "farad," a measure of electric capacitance, is named after a British physicist. Who is it?
3. One of the most recognized names in science, who formulated the general and special theories of relativity?
4. A woman of many "firsts," this Nobel Prize winning scientist is primarily known for her work with radioactivity. What is her name?
5. This American theoretical physicist won the Nobel Prize in 1965. His famous lectures and best-selling books have helped to popularize physics. Complete the following title for the name of this physicist: "Surely You're Joking, Mr. _______."
6. This physicist is well known for his contributions to theoretical physics. He has authored many popular books, including "A Brief History of Time." What is his name?
7. This German physicist is primarily known for the temperature scale used in the United States. What is his name?
8. This brilliant inventor appeared on the cover of Time Magazine on July 20th, 1931. He is primarily known for his work and patents related to alternating current. Who is this "mad scientist"?
9. You may recognize the name of this Italian physicist from a common unit of electromotive force. Who is this?
10. One of the most weighty and influential scientists of all time, this English scientist formulated the laws of gravitation. What is his name?
Source: Author christopherm
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.