Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who am I? I was born in the New York in 1899, died in 1947 and was buried in Chicago, where I lived for a lot of my life. (I may have been able to evade taxes for a while, but I wasn't able to evade death quite so easily!)
2. Who am I? I was born in 1853 in the Netherlands and I was just 37 when I died in 1890 of a gunshot wound. I was buried in Auvers, France. (I wonder if I was interred on a beautiful starry night?)
3. Who am I? I was a born in 1925 in Grantham, UK and was made a baroness in 1992. I died, aged 87, in 2013 and was buried next to my beloved husband. (Despite my nickname, I trust an iron coffin wasn't necessary for this lady!)
4. Who am I? I was born in Poland in 1892 and I died, a hero to many, at age 25 in 1918. I was buried, initially, by my enemies. (I bet I had an ace funeral with lots of high flyers!)
5. Who am I? I was born in Normandy in 1028 and died in 1087, probably from a ruptured intestine. I was buried in my home country, France. (If the stories are true, it was a real battle getting my body into my coffin!)
6. Who am I? I was born in England in 1758 and died in a sea battle at age 47 in 1805. My body was preserved in brandy until I could return to land. (I trust that, at my funeral, all the mourners had 'hardy' dispositions!)
7. Who am I? I was born in Yorkshire in 1728 and I suffered a violent death on Valentine's Day in 1779 in Hawaii. (I do hope anyone interested in seeing my monument manages to navigate their way to it.)
8. Who am I? A very famous man, I was born in 1809 in Kentucky, USA, died in 1865 from a gunshot wound and was buried in Springfield. (I trust my funeral was a very civil affair.)
9. Who am I? I was born in 1756 in Salzburg, Austria, and I died in Vienna age just 35. I was buried in a common grave. (I do hope the mourners at my funeral managed to remain composed.)
10. Who am I? I was born in the UK in 1775 and I was just 41 years of age when I died in 1817. I was buried in Winchester Cathedral. (Hopefully not much 'persuasion' was needed to get mourners to my funeral.)
Source: Author heatherlois
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.