Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these Hall of Fame greats never appeared in a World Series?
2. In June 2007, and without much fanfare, Sammy Sosa hit his 600th home run off which pitcher?
3. Who were the first brothers in Major League history to both win 20 games in a season?
4. Which pitcher threw the first-ever no-hitter for the Texas Rangers?
5. Guy Hecker played all but one of his seasons with the Louisville Eclipse/Colonels of the American Association. In 1884, he led the league with blistering 52-20 record along with 385 strikeouts from the mound. In 1886, Guy won 26 games in the season. What else did he do in that 1886 season?
6. Babe Ruth was the first left-handed hitter to hit 500 career home runs. Who was the next left-hander to achieve this?
7. Which of the following teams never existed in professional baseball?
8. Which of these Hall of Famers never wore the number 14 in their career?
9. Who was the first pitcher in modern day baseball to lose three World Series games in one series during the 1980s?
10. The 'Yankee Clipper' Joe DiMaggio retired from baseball after only 13 seasons in 1951. Joe was ____ on the all-time home run list when he retired.
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.