Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who made the final out in the infamous 1919 Black Sox World Series?
2. The great Nolan Ryan began his career as a New York Met in 1966. In December 1971, the Mets traded four players including Ryan to the California Angels for only one player in return. Who was that Angel player?
3. Who was the first-ever shortstop to win a Gold Glove Award?
4. What was New York state's first professional and sanctioned league baseball team named?
5. Which season saw Major League Baseball play its 150,000th game, combined between the American and National Leagues?
6. Who was the first-ever team to win a postseason game as a wildcard entry?
7. The 1963 National League MVP Award was presented to Sandy Koufax of the Dodgers. In one of the biggest controversies concerning the MVP process, who beat Hank Aaron for the MVP runner-up spot in 1963?
8. How many total teams were there in Major League Baseball in the 1961 season?
9. Which Hall of Fame player in the 1920s ended a World Series by being caught stealing?
10. The 2011 Chicago Cubs franchise was around when baseball began in the National Association in 1871. The franchise had many greats throughout its history. Which of these Chicago players was the first to have their jersey number retired by the franchise?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.