Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the first batter in history to strike out 2500 times in a career?
2. In the 1990s, three World Series ended up with a team being skunked four games to none. The Cincinnati Reds did it to the Oakland Athletics in 1990. The other two times were by which American League team that provided the skunking?
3. The Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers went through an amazing 43 seasons with only two managers from 1954-1996. One manager was Walter Alston. Who was the other manager?
4. Which Hall of Fame player named Johnson was nicknamed, "Big Train"?
5. Baltimore Maryland fans found a new Major League team in 1954 in the American League in their city. What was that team's name before moving to Baltimore?
6. In the entire 1990s, only four National League teams won 100+ games in a season. The Giants did it in 1993, the Astros in 1998, and the Diamondbacks in 1999. The fourth and final team won 100+ games in a season, did it four times in the decade. Which team was it?
7. Some members of baseball's Hall of Fame include Whitey Ford, Bill Dickey, Joe DiMaggio, Phil Rizzuto, and Mickey Mantle. All these players provided their services for the same team in their careers. Which team was it?
8. Since the Major Leagues began in 1901, consisting of the National and American Leagues, only a few franchises kept their same team name throughout the entire 20th century. Which of these franchises never changed their name?
9. The Major Leagues began in 1901, and it would be 60 seasons before a new expansion team would be added. Which team was that?
10. Who won the National League MVP in 2007?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.