Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What breed of dog is traditionally associated with working in firehouses or fire stations?
2. Animals have been used to perform scientific experiments where there was too much risk for humans. What was the name of the Russian dog that was sent into space to see how living, breathing beings could survive?
3. A big money job for dogs is racing (money making for humans that is). What breed of dog is most commonly "hired" to race?
4. Rescue dogs are used to find missing persons. Which method do search and rescue dogs NOT use to find missing persons?
5. What do you call a working dog that is used for protection of person or property?
6. What working dog is known as a K-9?
7. Guide dogs assist visually impaired humans. What was the first guide dog training school in the United States?
8. What do you call a female dog that produces puppies for sale?
9. The name of some dog breeds may actually describe the work they can perform. Which of these "job" dog names is NOT an actual breed?
10. Kennel clubs generally sort dogs into breed groups for competitive shows. Is "working group" an actual breed group?
Source: Author jmoskow
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.