Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I sit for two dogs that are taupe or gray in color, with light amber eyes and a very loud bark. They were originally used as gun dogs, hunting both large and small game in Germany. What type of dogs are these?
2. The next dog was bred originally in the UK for fighting other larger animals, hence the pushed out jaw line, blocky build and pushed in nose. On which ungainly looking, waddling breed is there not much fur to groom?
3. According to the World Atlas web site of March 20, 2017, which of the following dog breeds has the strongest bite force? This question is not about frequency of biting incidents, only about the pounds per inch of the breed's bite force.
4. Pet WebMD suggests that you can train your puppy not to nip or bite by yelping like other puppies do when bitten, among other things. What is something they do NOT suggest for training your puppy not to bite?
5. American Kennel Club standards require some breeds' owners to dock their show dogs' tails. In which of the breeds below do they not require docking (removal of a portion of the tail, surgically)?
6. What does a dog squatting to urinate tell the observer?
7. There is disagreement among scientists about when and where dogs were domesticated, but what is the generally accepted number of years considered for dogs' domestication?
8. Most dogs are better able to withstand cold weather than hot.
9. What sense do dogs have that is 10000% keener than in humans?
10. Which of these physical characteristics do dogs and cats share?
Source: Author hpreed62
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.