Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How did bulldogs get their name?
2. Some breeds of dogs have been specially trained for specific jobs. Which of these was originally meant for rat-catching?
3. Greyhounds are used as hunting dogs because of their qualities as scent hounds.
4. Saint Bernard dogs are called so because they were first bred in Clairvaux, when Saint Bernard was the abbot there.
5. Which of these breeds of dogs is or has also been given the name Alsatians?
6. On November 3, 1957 the Soviet Union launched a female dog into space. Her now famous name was Laika. What did that name mean?
7. Who, in a famous tragic story, was the owner of a particularly faithful dog called Gelert?
8. Which of these breeds was given its name from a tax-collector who needed this type of dog as a companion when doing his job?
9. Bloodhounds got their name because they are so bloodthirsty.
10. Which of these types of dogs sheds (moults) the least?
Source: Author flem-ish
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.