Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Despite its reputation for being independent and often aloof to humans (unless it is meal time), this pet has its share of tales of heroism. Which type of pet has been credited with saving lives by vocal and physical harassment?
2. Movies sometimes portray this great ape as a gentle giant, and perhaps it is. Which type of animal has protected children who have fallen into its enclosures at zoos?
3. Dogs have long assisted humans by serving as shepherds, but this domesticated Andean pack animal has also proved to be skilled in this area. Which animal's brave and vigilant nature has led it to being used as a guard animal?
4. While guide dogs are still the standard human-assist animal, these mammals have also been trained to perform the tasks. Which animal can help mobility-impaired humans when not swinging around by its tail?
5. These giant sea mammals not only have been credited with saving humans, but they also seem to recognize when they've been helped. Which mammoth sea creatures have had positive interaction with humans when they're not being harpooned?
6. These noisy birds might only seem to be mimics, but they're actually considered to be among the most intelligent animals on the planet. Which type of bird saved the life of a choking child by alerting its owner?
7. Humans have relied on full-size versions of these mammals for transportation for centuries, but smaller versions are now being used for a different purpose. Which animal provides guide services to the blind?
8. Humans can interact with these gentle sea creatures at marine parks around the world, but it's their relationship with people in the open water that makes them perhaps man's best ocean friend. Which mammal has been credited with protecting humans in the water?
9. These barnyard animals were a trendy pet in the 1990s, but they are now being touted as a service animal (and they aren't as dirty as their name implies). Which creature reportedly can provide assistance to the disabled?
10. There have been several reported cases of wild children living among wolves and other creatures. Which type of apes cared for a mentally and physically disabled boy in Nigeria?
Source: Author PDAZ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.