Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A group of meerkats is known by different names. Which one is not a word for a group of meerkats?
2. Meerkats live in the Kalahari Desert and parts of Southern Africa. What language does the word "meerkat" come from?
3. Meerkats are able to dig their own body weight in dirt in just a few seconds.
4. Meerkats make excellent pets.
5. Meerkats often babysit the offspring in their group. What interesting thing can females who have never had babies do for their "charges"?
6. What will a meerkat babysitter do with the babies if she can't retreat to safety when there is danger?
7. Meerkats have an unusual nickname. What is it?
8. Meerkats have ears that can close. Why?
9. The meerkat diet is varied and interesting. Which of the following is not one of their foods?
10. Meerkats communicate in three different ways. Which of the following is not one of the forms of meerkat communication?
Source: Author Trufflesss
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.