Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The most common species of this rodent is called the house mouse, named for its close association with humans. Seen here is a close cousin, also named for its choice of habitat. What is it?
2. This rodent is indigenous to the Andes Mountains in South America, but has become popular for breeding as pets and for its fur. What is it called?
3. There are 29 different species of this large rodent, whose name means 'spined pig'. What prickly rodent is this?
4. Squirrels come in many colours, but the colour variety shown here can only be found in North America.
5. When Lewis & Clark first encountered the black-tailed variety of this species, they called it a 'barking squirrel'. Located exclusively in the grasslands of North America, what kind of rodents are these?
6. This rodent makes a popular pet, the most popular of which is the Syrian, or golden _____. They are so popular, even this exercise wheel carries their name. What rodent is this?
7. This rodent was so important to the history of Canada that it was chosen as the national animal in 1975.
8. Found in the arid regions of Asia, India, and Africa, these little critters were once known as 'desert rats'. What are they commonly know as today?
9. What forest-dwelling rodent is pictured here?
10. This Southern American rodent is famously known as the largest in the order Rodentia. What is its name?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.