Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As a Secret Santa for several friends with picky tastes, Harried Helga went Christmas shopping and did her best on a meager budget. She bought four items (see below) for four friends (Daphne, Ida, Jack, Peter) on four separate days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). But as usual, she has lost track of which item is for whom. Can you figure it out?
The four items are:
+ a best-selling mystery novel
+ a multi-CD compilation of 100 old-time radio programs
+ a programmable electric teakettle
+ a bottle of merlot wine, on sale
1. Helga bought the CDs after the teakettle.
2. Helga bought the teakettle after the wine.
3. The wine was not purchased on Monday.
4. Peter detests mystery novels.
5. Helga bought Jack's present after Peter's.
6. Both Peter and Daphne are allergic to wine!
You might find it easier to solve the questions in order, as they build on previous conclusions. Make a grid or chart on a piece of paper to help keep track. Good luck!
Let's get started!
1. In which of these statements are Helga's purchases in the correct order? (They are listed from earliest to latest)
2. On what day did Helga buy the wine, a reasonably priced merlot?
3. When did Helga buy the electric teakettle?
4. When did Helga buy the CDs?
5. By elimination, when did Helga buy the novel?
6. What day did Helga purchase Peter's gift?
7. Now let's get these presents wrapped! Which one is Peter's?
8. What did Helga buy for Jack?
9. What is Daphne getting for Christmas?
10. Last but not least, what is going under Ida's Christmas tree?
Source: Author gracious1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Fifiona81
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.