Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A category of celebrities that does not regularly make world fame is chef cooks. Which of the following cooks was one of the first Italian chefs to have his own series on the BBC and has authored at least twenty cook books?
2. Which Italian actress had a minor role in "Quo Vadis" (1951), starred in "Aida" (1953), and won an Oscar for "La Ciociara" (1960)?
3. Which Italian actor gained world fame during the twenties in the role of a sheik?
4. Italy has known several famous movie directors. Who directed "La dolce vita" (1960) about a journalist suffering from a burn-out?
5. Punk rock is not quite what one would expect in Italy, and yet there is an Italian band active in the punk rock/indie rock music segment. Which band, consisting of Davide Toffolo, Enrico Molteni and Luca Masseroni, was founded in 1994?
6. What was the breakthrough song for Laura Pausini?
7. Which Italian artist scored a hit with the song "Senza una donna"? The song was first released in 1987, and re-recorded in 1991 as a duet with Paul Young.
8. Which Italian maestro has conducted the world premiere of various operas such as "I Pagliacci" and "La Bohème"?
9. Which of the following Italian sopranos would have had a row with Maria Callas but later declared, "I will not sing at La Scala without Callas"?
10. "Nessun Dorma" is one of the most popular tenor arias. It gained this stellar fame by the remarkable performance in 1990 by an Italian singer who delivered all his weight (and that was quite a lot) into the final. Who sang "Nessun Dorma" in Rome on July 7th, 1990?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.