Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Two Gentlemen of Verona" is a comedy by William Shakespeare. The two Veronese youngsters mentioned in the title both fall in love with Silvia, the daughter of the Duke of Milan. But who ends up marrying Silvia?
2. In Robert Jordan's series "Wheel of Time", who is "The Dragon Reborn" (also the title of the third book)?
3. What is the name of "The Invisible Man" according to H.G. Wells?
4. The last instalment in Tolkien's trilogy "The Lord of The Rings" tells us about a coronation. This volume is titled "The Return of the King". Who is this king?
5. "The Old Man and the Sea" tells about an old fisher named Santiago and his struggle to catch a marlin. Who authored this book?
6. Who wrote the spy spoof "Our Man in Havana"?
7. J.K. Rowling gained great fame with the "Harry Potter" series. At the start of the third book "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban", who has escaped the top security prison of Azkaban?
8. Douglas Adams wrote "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". What is the name of the hitchhiker?
9. Agatha Christie's second novel is titled "The Secret Adversary". Who admits at the end to be this secret adversary, previously only known under the alias "Mr. Brown"?
10. In Patricia Highsmith's novel "Strangers on a Train", who comes up with the idea of swapping murder plans?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.