Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1980, Louis de Funès finally made a movie he yearned to do for several years. In which movie did he star as Harpagon?
2. Bourvil (1917-1970) was another great comic actor. Which movie, in 1951, shows him with the gift of passing through solid brick walls?
3. Fernand Cotandin, best known for his role in the Italian comedies about Don Camillo, was born in Marseille. What was his artist's name?
4. In 2008 the movie "Bienvenu chez les Ch'tis" became an instant success at the box office. Who directed this movie and also played one of the main roles?
5. In several live-action movies filmed from 2002 onwards, the same character exclaims more than once "These Romans are crazy!" (or another people's name instead of the Romans). Who plays this character?
6. In 1973 Robert Lamoureux made a movie about a French army unit which went missing in the fights of 1940. Complete the title: "Mais où est donc passée ..."
7. In a 1972 movie, a random musician is unwittingly used as a spy decoy. What's the oddity - the reason why he was chosen?
8. Which comedy follows a dozen of high school students deliberately trying to fail their exams in order to enjoy the perks of high school students another year? Daniel Auteuil plays the leader of the gang.
9. One of the best known French comedies is "Les vacances de Monsieur Hulot". Who directed this movie and played the title role?
10. The French have their own series of movies based upon time travel. What's the title of the 1993 movie in which a 12th century knight (Christian Clavier) and his squire land accidentally in the present time?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.