Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall starred in four movies together - beginning with "To Have and Have Not" in 1944, "The Big Sleep" in 1946, "Dark Passage" in 1947, and "Key Largo" in 1948. What was their off-screen relationship?
2. In 1942, Katharine Hepburn sold "Woman of the Year" to MGM. She signed a contract to play in the movie and wanted Spencer Tracy - MGM's biggest star - to star in it with her. This was the first of nine films they made together. What was their off-screen relationship?
3. "Dance, Fools, Dance" (1931) was the first pairing of Joan Crawford and Clark Gable. They were a huge box office draw and continued on to make eight more films together. What was their off-screen relationship?
4. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers made ten films together beginning in 1933 with "Flying Down to Rio". "Top Hat" in 1935 was the best pairing of the dancing duo. What was their off-screen relationship?
5. Joanne Woodward met Paul Newman while they were both understudies in the Broadway production of "Picnic". They starred in at least ten movies together. Newman also directed her in several of her movies. Do you know about their off-screen relationship?
6. William Powell and Myrna Loy starred in 14 films together. They are best remembered for the six films in which they portrayed Nick and Nora Charles - along with their dog Asta - in the "Thin Man" series, based on the novel by Dasheill Hammett. What was their off-screen relationship?
7. John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara starred in five films together, including the all-time classic "The Quiet Man". Maureen always played the fiery red-headed dame to the Duke's I'm-going-to-control-you macho man. What was their off-screen relationship?
8. Richard Burton met Elizabeth Taylor on the set of "Cleopatra" in 1961. They went on to do eleven movies together including "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" (1966) in which they were both nominated for Academy Awards - she won - he lost to Paul Scofield in "A Man for All Seasons". What was their off-screen relationship?
9. Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland were two of the top money making stars of 1940. They made seven movies together, including three "Andy Hardy" movies. What was their off-screen relationship?
10. America's Singing Sweethearts, Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald, made eight movie operettas together. They also made MGM millions of dollars with their voices. What was their off-screen relationship?
Source: Author shenke
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.