Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am a famous sports player who was born in 1925 in St. Louis, Missouri. I have a cartoon character named after me. From 1977 to 1987, my son, Dale, played the position of shortstop for the Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Yankees, and Houston Astros and my son, Tim, played for the New York Jets. Just remember, "It ain't over 'til it's over!" What's my name?
2. I not only proved other galaxies existed, I also proved galaxies move apart from one another. An orbiting space telescope was named after me. What is my last name?
3. I was born in St. Joseph, Missouri in 1916. I have been given the title, "Most Trusted Man in America". I will now end my clue with my trademark sign-off, "And that's the way it is." Who am I?
4. I was born in the year 1853 and was not like the ladies of my generation. I wore men's clothes, used foul language and chewed tobacco. I am known as the "White Devil of the Yellowstone". Who am I?
5. In 1901, I was born in Chicago, Illinois. My family and I moved to Marceline, Missouri, when I was a young boy. Before I was sixteen, my family moved to another part of Missouri, Kansas City. My talent was artistic drawing and my face was pictured on a U.S. postal stamp in September 1968. To this day, you still hear my name on TV and in film. Who am I?
6. I was born in West Plains, Missouri in 1925. I grew up being called Richard Wayne, (although you probably know me as something else). Who could I possibly be?
7. If I were to call you on the phone, perhaps you would mistake me for a man because of my deep, husky voice, but I assure you, I am all woman. A woman who was born in Springfield, Missouri in 1954. In fact, because of my voice, I was able to portray the role of a man playing a woman in a hit TV show. What is my last name?
8. Yes, it's true, I am not a native Missourian because I was born on December 13th in Shawnee, Oklahoma, but I swear, I was raised in Missouri. I have one of the most beautiful wives a man could ask for. She is truly, my best friend. What's my last name?
9. Cedric the Entertainer is a native of Missouri.
10. From a list of the many talented rappers from Missouri, I chose one. This rapper originally hails from Kansas City, Missouri. He was born in 1972 and his albums have sold millions worldwide. Who is this "one-name" rapper/composer?
Source: Author NalaMarie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.