Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In literature a famous story is that of "Little Red Riding Hood". Originally said to be a French fairy tale, it was later made popular when retold by two German brothers. What is the last name of these brothers called Jacob and Wilhelm?
2. In 2010 the action comedy "Red" was released. It featured Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren and Mary Louise Parker in the cast. Which actor, who is also known for his role in the "Die Hard" movies, portrays CIA agent Frank Moses?
3. In the DC Comics Series a character known as Red Robin has appeared frequently. Several characters have been known under this alias, such as Jason Todd and Tim Drake. One of the alter egos of Red Robin is Dick Grayson. Grayson is better known as the sidekick of which character?
4. "The Hunt for Red October" is a famous movie. The plot of that movie was based on a 1984 book by an American thriller author, also responsible for titles such as "Clear and Present Danger" and "Patriot Games". Who is this author, often writing about Cold War themes?
5. "Red" is also a character in a TV show, made by Jim Henson. It's about a group of puppets living together deep underground. What is the name of this show?
6. If you are into video games, you might remember the character "Red" from one of the games you have played. In what famous Nintendo game series, also turned into anime, manga and toys among others, will you find this character?
7. In 1992 a film noir was released called "Red Rock West". It starred Nicolas Cage and Dennis Hopper. Which actress, rising to fame as Donna Hayward on "Twin Peaks", plays the female lead in this movie?
8. A British soul band is called "Simply Red" and is fronted by Mick Hucknall. Which one of the songs mentioned is one of theirs and was released in 1985?
9. "Red" is also the name of a candy and not just any candy. He is one of the "spokescandies" for a bright and colourful candy, produced by Mars Incorporated. "Red" has appeared in several commercials as a result. What is the name of this candy, that melts in your mouth, not in your hand?
10. In a novella by Stephen King that was later adapted to a movie, we find a narrator called "Red". His real name is Ellis Boyd Redding. In the movie he is played by Morgan Freeman. The movie also features Tim Robbins. What is the name of the movie and the partial title of the novella?
Source: Author James25
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.